Monday, September 17, 2007

PAIN

Back in February I had some foot pain that let up a little, but now it is back with a vengeance. Ever since our 16 mile Saturday I have had increasing heel pain. I have tried every shoe Fleet Feet recommended plus a few others. I have tried with and without inserts. No, of course, I haven't had it checked out by anyone. I am a nurse, and we are a stubborn breed. I am OK during the week, but on Saturdays the pain gets intense. It is showing up earlier in our distances than it was also. Saturday I only made it about 10 miles before it was really painful. I hope that taking it easy these last 3 weeks will help me make it through the 26.2 miles. I will take any suggestions offered. Thanks

2 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

GO SEE WAYNE!!!!

My husband started having heel pain and ignored it b/c at first it wasn't bothering him constantly. After it hurt for a while and started to swell he finally took his stubborn self to the doctor and now he might possibly have a stress fracture. He goes tomorrow to do the test. Don't wait too long to do anything. IT IS WAY TO CLOSE TO THE MARATHON TO BE STUBBORN ABOUT PAIN!!!!! Go see somebody about it!

Christa said...

Yep, I've been stubborn too and am in a similar situation as you (see my last blog). I am going to see Wayne today. Call him!

Christa (Christa's marathon blog)