Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sinking feeling!

Needless to say the heat is not my friend. It is extremely hard for me to consider getting outside at any time of the day. I seem to be getting slower and slower, and my endurance is dropping. What is up? I stay hydrated for sure. I drink water all day every day. My friends think that I am crazy for attempting this feat, especially now. Where's the encouraging group of friends that Onetta has? Maybe, I could borrow a few.
On a brighter note, I am enjoying the yoga class. I am so inflexible that I laugh at myself sometimes. A friend of mine often calls after the class and asks if I am tied into a pretzel? Again, such encouragement. It is pretty funny though.
I had decided that I was going to do my 9 miles at the reservoir this Saturday because I hate the traffic in Clinton. However, since my motivation is so low right now, I think it is best for me to meet the group on Saturday morning. See you all then.

3 comments:

Carol said...

You've got a bunch of friends in Marathon Makeover and we'll try to help boost you up. It's hot for everybody and we are all slowing down like turtles!

catseye said...

Hang in there. It is hot but we've come so far and before long it will start to cool off.
All your marathon friends are here, encouraging you, and know that you're not at all crazy -- well, not any more crazy than the rest of us. Some folks just don't know how to be supportive and they're not even malicious about it, just don't realize how they come across. They actually are probably trying to be sympathetic.

AmyW said...

Sinking feeling, well you are not alone in that. This lovely southern heat is so draining. My secret: carry ice w/you on the course (mine is in a lunch bag, looks like a purse); wet a bandanna, wrap ice up in it, tie bandanna around neck lightly, so ice is on back of neck. THIS WORKS!! for me, anyway.