Wednesday, June 13, 2007

HAH....as in Hot as Hell

I think the devil is trying to get me to quit training. What is with the heat? It is only June. In a couple of weeks we will all be puddles sloshing our way through the miles. Hopefully a few pounds will melt off this big girl.

Anyhoo, it is official. I have proclaimed myself the laziest blogger. It just doesn't seem to be my thing.

I have heard myself say several times this week, "I only have to do 6 miles this weekend." How great does that statement make me feel? I am still slow (snail-like), but I walked/jogged 12 miles willingly. Unbelievable.

I am leaving for the beach after our run on Saturday to celebrate the big 40 so I plan on running my 13.2 miles next Friday. Hopefully the sound of the ocean and the sight of all the tiny people in swimsuits will motivate me. It is so much easier when surrounded by our great group.

No more rambling for now. I will try to blog in another month or so. See you all Saturday for our short run.

Laurie

4 comments:

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's great!

Jana

Chuck Gautier said...

Happy Birthday-

The Miller's Blog said...

Ha! I like that title! Happy Birthday! Have fun on your trip. I just looooove the ocean.

cjonesrun said...

Lordy, lordy, Laurie is such a young thang! The forties were a great decade for me...hopefully for you too. Blog more often...you need to share that good personality with us. Happy, happy birthday!