Thursday, April 19, 2007

My first wog!

Good for me, you say. Well considering that I do not jog/run, it is great for me. I know, I know....I started a week later than initially instructed, but I did it. Now let me tell you all how it went. A couple of weeks ago I went and bought an Ironman Triathlon watch. Somehow I managed to set the interval at 1:3 the day of purchase. Yes, I realize that is flip-flopped from the rest of your intervals, but the watch frustrated me. Fast forward to today. I come home from work and decide to try the new watch out in the beautiful, slightly warm weather. Instead of frustrating myself further trying to reset the watch, I decide maybe I (the non-runner) should give the 1 minute jog, 3 minute walk routine a try. So out to the Palisades boat launch I go. I stretch for oh about 1 minute (one challenge at a time here people), and hit the trail. Now I make it jogging 1 minute without falling out, and the 3 minutes kick in. I find that I can recover from jogging in about 1 1/2 minutes. Of course that leaves me 1 1/2 minutes of the pure joy of walking normally. Herein lies the problem. I now have to face the challenge of resetting the ^$&*@%# watch to 1:2 intervals. Anyhoo, I hope I will be resetting my friendly watch often as my stamina increases.

See you all Saturday morning in my neck of the woods.

Proud to be upright
Laurie

2 comments:

Chicago_or_Bust said...

WAY TO GO !!!

Just get out those watch directions (written in Japanese, translated into English) and look under Intervals. You will eventually figure it out. Remember, the first digit is in hours, not minutes!

Good luck.

Clark

Mary said...

Good for you!!!! (REALLY!)